Renewable energy and load reduction feasibility
Undertaken several feasibility studies at different sites to determine the ability to deploy renewables and demand management technologies into an off grid mine site location, to reduce the overall operational cost of mining.
The study identified:
- 25% of immediate cost reduction on some mine power feeders.
- Ability to deploy modest solar to reduce overall operational costs of energy by 5-10% across entire site once debt paid off by savings by 3rd year.
- Ability to deploy larger scale wind or solar to reduce overall operational costs of energy 30%% across entire site once debt paid off by savings by 6th year.
The feasibility study analysed:
- Existing energy usage patterns
- Cost of energy
- The power station operational protocol
- Wind and solar resource
- Wind farm design
- Solar Farm design
- Deferrable loads available